HomeAbout MeThe BoutiquePast Treasures

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Can You Stand To See Some More?

Some more swaps...
Lynn and I are swapping boxes for Granny's Attic Matchbox Swap over at The Vintage Dragonfly.  Although I'll be receiving my box from Jennifer, sweet Lynn sent me this GORGEOUS tag and card just 'cause!  Aren't they precious?

the frame around the bathing beauty is actual sand!

front of box
some turn-of-the-century bathing beauties on the bottom
Here's what I sent to Lynn...


all the goodies inside

empty box


Can you tell how much we both love the beach???  And how much Lynn likes lilac!

What a surprise for me today....my very first swap with the UK!!  Jan sent me, not only a miniature matchbox filled with all sorts of treasures, but she also packed in some other fabulous goodies....take a look...
here's the big box beautifully packaged with the sweetest note on the dress form
I opened the box...the mini matchbox is on your left
these lovelies were packed inside the big box
then I unwrapped the mini-matchbox from it's lace wrapping and found my fave, Jane Austen, looking up at me!
back of box
Have you guessed my fave yet?  Well, if you guessed "Jane Austen, vintage, lace, butterflies, flowers, and anything old"...YOU'RE RIGHT!!
adoring the cameo...an actual pin! and the pen nib says "memories" plus the tiniest yo-yo I've ever seen!!
Where would I be without my swaps??  I love being on the receiving end, but I love creating for my partner even more!  Vacation time takes me away from them, but I know that there will always be another one waiting for me.

Here's another gift I just made for sweet Liz's birthday ~ a domino necklace.
front

back


Here's a little someum' someum' to keep you out of trouble!!
click on the link below and you'll get to the recipe!
http://pinchofyum.com/post/5573288406/triple-berry-pie-bars
I hope you have a glorious week!
xoxo
Karen

6 comments:

Mixed Media/ Altered Crafts said...

Oh my gosh! Look @ those goodies! Sweet!
I love the Altered Box! Very Pretty!
The Mini Austen Matchbox - Love That, So Cute!!! And The Dominoe Necklace is Gorgeous, The front & back!
Wow Karen! Gorgeous Swap Items Received & Sent Hugs,Tee

JenW!~ said...

WOW, love those goodies. You are one lucky gal to be on the receiving of such wonderful swaps. I haven't swapped matchboxes yet but I hope to soon. Love your domino necklace too. I'm sure Liz will love it as well.

Kathy said...

Beautiful swaps.. wow.. love that domino necklace.. hope you have a great vacation..
xx

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! Look at all those goodies! :) Looks like youve had a wonderful time!

Hugs,

Lesley said...

Wow Karen, what a great bunch of goodies indeed. Your domino necklace is really pretty, I alter dominoes as well, such fun.
Have a super vaca and enjoy the relaxation.
Til next time, Lesley

~*~Patty S said...

You are the swapping Queen Mz Karen...what a lot of lovely eye candy

You also do dominoes so beautifully!
oxo