HomeAbout MeThe BoutiquePast Treasures

Monday, December 31, 2012

A Jewelry Journey....


As I bid farewell tonight to 2012, I'm looking forward to embracing 2013 with OPEN arms!!  Not that 2012 wasn't a great year...it was...on many different levels, almost always involving family and friends.


My first trip to Winter CHA...




A few of the blog and Swap Queens treasures...


Not to mention, babies born...



Friends wed...



A flea market "first"....



3 Trunk Shows and a sister visit....



 Many of you know that my resolution this year was to really grow as a jewelry artist.  My first goal was to tackle the soldering iron which I had purchased in 2011, and was growing cobwebs ~ I mean to say, the seal on the box wasn't even broken!

While my original goal was pretty tame, my goals became loftier and I set the bar higher as I hungered and searched for more...etching metal, cold connections, flame soldering, incorporating elements, enameling...just to name a few


Online classes and retreats opened up in front of me...



And I took classes from the best...



My journey has been amazing this year.... 
a metamorphosis from sweet simple charms like this....

to vintage perfume bottles with soldered caps embellished with rhinestones, hand forged chain and closures....


and all the beauty in between!

I look forward to February when I will be learning, once again, from old friends and new friends.

My cue word for 2012 was "Shine," and I'm happy to say that was accomplished.  Thank you for your unsung loyalty to my blog musings, your love and support and encouragement ~ you make me want to be a finer artist.  

My cue word for 2013 is "Faith."  My faith is ever strong, but I also see faith in being there for others ~ serving my fellow man ~  faith to know what the Lord desires of me, and faith to follow His direction.

May 2013 bring the answer to your dreams!  
Happy New Year!


xoxo
Karen


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen... You gave me good bumps... Your art is simply Devine! What a blessing I have to call you my friend! Such talent! Hope this year brings you even more success... Hope to see you too!

Unknown said...

So much beauty you have created this year my dear! :) Wishing you and your loved ones a very Happy New Year my dear!

Hugs,

~*~Patty S said...

such a beautiful recap of your year dear Karen...I admire you for being able to revisit and present it to nicely!

your creativity certainly does SHINE and sparkle and delight!

FAITH is a beautiful many layered word to focus on ... I am inspired by each person that shares their word for the year...each one special and thought provoking and more

Happy New Year Dear One
oxo

Laurie said...

It was a lot of fun watching you take flight with your jewelry making this year! I know 2013 will be an awesome year for you!