HomeAbout MeThe BoutiquePast Treasures

Monday, February 11, 2013

The Week That Was!


Wow ~ Yowza ~ Awesome!!  That was my week...a week filled with classes, friends, inspiration, and treasures!!

Shopping trips to the Gem Mall, Doubletree, Windmill Inn, Viscount...just to name a few, were fabulous and successful ventures.  

I haven't many pix from the venues, as they've gotten pretty strict about taking photos, but here are a couple of rogue ones I managed to get!


Sandy Schorr



Nunn Design

Star Gems

Classes began for me on Tuesday with the lady who (in my humble opinion) wrote the book on enameling ~ Barbara Lewis ~  And she literally did write the book "Painting With Fire." 






Thank you, Barbara, for sharing your talent and art with us....I journeyed from this:



to this:




Wednesday was another enameling class and this time we created earrings from our enameled beads.  Mine are getting their finishing touches, so I will share them on a future post.

I see a lot more enameling in my future!



Barb Solem and daughter Erin (aka Vivi Magoo) really know how to put together a fabulous event ~ 

Our leaders ~ Barb
And adorable Erin

ARITD kicked off on Thursday with a field trip to the Gem Mall ~


Friday was the first day of classes.  Sandra and I enjoyed Riki Schumacher's "Le Petite Photo" class....


our personal set-ups

Isn't she adorable!!



Riki's demo

My beginning....



I'm getting there....

Ta-da!  Le Petite Photo 

wearing our treasures with our treasure of a teacher!

On Sunday I joined this lovely group of ladies 
L-R: Diane, SueAnn, Renee, Barbara, Rita, Me, Joan, Sharleen
for Diane Cook's Gilded Heart class



What an amazing class!  Come follow me as I learn  how to gild with solder!!  


Set up





Add caption




















Thank you dearest Diane for your inspiration and wisdom,




and all the amazing artists/instructors who made this retreat a reality!  

Well, the Retreat has come to an end and we've scattered to the wind, until the next time...

As for me ~ I'm back in the bee skep to put the finishing touches on the treasures I'm taking to Scottsdale for my Trunk Show on February 24th.  

If you live the area and would like to join us, comment or email your info to me and I will send out an e-vite.  

Have a warm and happy week, my dear hearts.  It's a noteworthy week, you know...


Begins this Wednesday

Happy Valentine's Day is this Thursday



Happy hearts, hugs, and kisses!
Karen



5 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow, Karen, your enthusiasm and excitement really comes through -- and no wonder! You made some spectacular pieces and I know you learned a lot! Um, where can I get some of those adorable aprons with pockets?

Sueann said...

Enjoyed meeting you Karen at The Gilded Heart. Can't wait to do lunch sometime.
Nice blog...mine comes out tomorrow
Have a great week.
Hugs
SueAnn

Fran. said...

WOW Karen how awesome!! Erin is so adorable in her awesome apron!! It just added to her cuteness. I LOVE how you included pictures on your necklases. You are gettin some great knowledge of the fun kind!! LOL Love the pic of you and the teacher too. Cute cute. Keep em comin Karen you're a rock star!! XOXO Love Fran.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh what fun!!! I adore the instructor aprons.

It fish for dinner tonight! :)

Diane said...

Thank you dear Karen for coming to join me once again in a class =) Your piece turned out so beautiful, and your design was most inspiring! A one of a kind...just like you! Your smile lights up the whole room...you really are a breath of fresh air! Can't wait to see you again...real soon I hope! Snickerdoodles and all!!