HomeAbout MeThe BoutiquePast Treasures

Monday, October 28, 2013

It's All About The Kids

I have always believed that in this life, "it's all about the kids."  My deep love for children has directed my path throughout my life ~

A deep desire for children when I married....The Lord blessed us with three beautiful souls...
Amanda  - 3 months
Our Blessed Angel ~ Amy Kara, 8 weeks

Melissa - one week

Along the way there were the volunteer positions of Brownie/Girl Scout Leader...

CCD teacher at our Parish....


School volunteer...

Elementary school teacher...

And so the story of my love for children continues ~ supporting Angel Charity for Children ~ Tu Nudito ~ and The Boys and Girls Clubs of Tucson ~ SS Peter & Paul Adopt-a-Student.

On Friday night we shared the fun and excitement at ....THE PARTY!


Silent auctions....

My contribution....


Entertainment....

The kids and volunteers parade in, getting ready for the LIVE AUCTION!

Beverages for the thirsty...

Food provided by Fox Restaurant Concepts.... Wildflower, Sauce, Zin Burger, North, Blanco ~ 
to name a few...


We had a ball, knowing "it's for the kids"....

Sharing the night with our "kids"....

And catching up with great friends.... Mike and Laurel ~


Next week I will be doing a "mini-reveal" for my Holiday Trunk Show on November 10th....stayed tuned!

I hope your week is a great one, dear friends.  Thank you so much for visiting today.

3 comments:

mrsthesun said...

A life serving others...yep, that's you! The party looked like so much fun. We used to go to that when we lived in Tucson. Loved your donation. See you in December!
Love,
Nancy

~*~Patty S said...

So much of what you've shared here touches my heart in a special way dear Karen (the children in my life are three boys with out middle son an angel)... bless all the children ... and here is to the child in each of us ♥
oxo

Fran. said...

Love the older pictures and the one of your daughter in the brownies is priceless!! Oh how I remember being a brownie and girl scout!! I can tell this post was from your heart!! I know you are keepin busy in the bee hive I am trying to think of some differnet things to make for the craft show I have coming up!! Thanks for sharing!! XOXO Love Fran.