HomeAbout MeThe BoutiquePast Treasures

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

6 Quarterly Quick Takes



I've been struggling in the new year to keep up my blog.  I've even toyed with the idea of putting it to bed for good.  Something prevented me from doing that, so here I am...hopefully with a new format that's a good fit for me and for you.  Instead of a monthly post, I'll be giving you 6 Quarterly Quick Takes of life as it happened.

JANUARY ~

1.  My sweet friend Kathy came down from Colfax, CA to spend Gem Show with me.   We took classes at Art Retreat in the Desert, shopped the shows, and generally yacked our faces off!  Amazing good times!
Dear Kathy gifted me with this fabulous Bench Polisher, which has made work in the studio life-changing!


2.  I was privileged to take 4 classes from the most accomplished artists I have the pleasure of knowing.  I set my first cabochon ~ created the most complicated ring to date with success ~ created a tri metal, duo cabochon cuff ~ and fold formed fine silver and copper into the most beautiful cuff bracelets!  Whew!


 FEBRUARY ~

1.  It was a very confusing time for the Catholic Church! ~ Ash Wednesday and Valentines Day fell on the same day, but we honored Ash Wednesday on the 14th and celebrated Valentines Day on the 17th.
2.  My Valentine won the Senior Olympics All Around in Scottsdale, AZ!!!  What a man, what a man, what a very fine man!!!


MARCH ~

1.  We officially moved into the 21st century with a new entertainment/audio/video system and a 65" monitor.  We hated to part with our beautiful armoire, but the old eyes are enjoying sports and movies a lot more with the larger screen, and I think the old ears really appreciate the sound bar and all the new speakers!

2. I had a bout with 2 months of acute bronchitis which played havoc with our social calendar and forced a number of cancellations.  What we really missed the most was a surprise Birthday Brunch at Ventana for our Shotzie.  We missed celebrating with her, Kiki, and their many friends.
2.  As the month closed, I was on the mend and well enough to do some serious metalsmithing in the studio.  With two Spring Trunk shows on the horizon, it was best to get busy!

Well, we're into the second quarter of the new year and I wouldn't really call it Spring in AZ.  It appears Mother Nature thought there was no need for Spring and has moved right into Summer.  We are fortunate in that we don't have anything to shovel.

Wishing you happy times in the new quarter and pleasant weather in the months ahead!  Thank you for sharing your time with me today!

No comments: