HomeAbout MeThe BoutiquePast Treasures

Sunday, July 24, 2011

About A Preppy Little Man...

It's all about a preppy little man this week!  With the help and support of Alex, Debbie, Kiera, Karina, Sandra, and Amanda, I was able to host a baby shower at my home for Katie Hughes (Mom) and Levi Benjamin Hughes (preppy-little-man-to-be)!  A wonderful turnout of family and friends made this event SO amazing!!  Here are the pix I'm sure you'd like to see!

a preppy little invitation
preppy little bowtie pins for favors


some dining indoors
and some more dining indoors
some dining outdoors
and more dining outdoors


sweet floral arrangments and tiny votives

table setting with special coaster favor
Mommy-to-be Katie and Me
personalized glasses for all
beverage central
preppy little cupcakes

and a preppy little banner

individual servings of homemade ice cream

Katie, Melissa, Amanda and Me
I wish I had the room to post ALL the pix we took.  This was an amazing shower and I could not have done it without all the awesome ladies (I mentioned at the beginning of the post) who were there from the git-go.  I can't take credit for the theme idea...that came from Lindsey at http://www.thepleatedpoppy.com.

However, we all put our own spin of creativity and originality on the details from the invitation to the cupcakes to the photo booth!  Awesome job, ladies...and thank you, Katie and Hoss, for giving us a reason to celebrate!!  Little Levi Benjamin is due shortly after Labor Day (no kidding...LOL).

It's been a wonderful past week catching up on all my swaps and new inventory for MMU,  after so much party planning and excitement!  I'll save the lovely details and pictures until next Monday.  So, dear hearts, for now that will just about do it.  I know most everyone is experiencing sweltering heat and humidity and it's important to "keep cool and carry on."  Grab a frosty cold drink, a fruity popsicle, or even a cold slice of sweet watermelon.  Have a blessed week and I'll see you shortly!
xoxo
Karen

10 comments:

lynn said...

as you see im a nightowl.. and i loved the photos of your party.. very clever lady you are.. with all those beautiful favors and decorations.. its so wonderful to be a gramma... may you and yours be blessed with a healthy baby and mom.. big hugs to you all
lynn (lilacdreamer)

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time! Great ideas and photos! Valerie

Alex Hardy said...

It was the MOST AMAZING baby shower. The attention to detail was second to none. Your home is so beautiful, as are your girls. Happy memories with some of my favorite people!

XOXO

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time.
Awesome job with the decorations.
Have a great week..
Hugs,
Marie

Mixed Media/ Altered Crafts said...

Awesome Decorations and fantastic ideas you ladies had! I love the table settings! Gorgeous! Looks like everything was a success! From the cupcakes to the coaster favors! Hugs Tee

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

I LOVE party-planning too! You did such an amazing job! SO cute!

~*~Patty S said...

Oh what fun...you are a perfect party planner and more than that...you execute things so well too including sharing photos...thank you for giving us a peek at a most wonderful time!

So sweet in every way!

Stay cool!
oxo

Chris said...

Karen and all hostesses! It was such an amazing night, I had such a wonderful time, I know Katie was so blessed as was I..the theme, the decorations, the food and the cupcakes and Ice Cream in the canning jars, the ladies and your home, EVERYTHING was over the top PERFECT! I love remembering the evening, you and all the gals are wonderful to Katie....thank you!

KateHughes said...

Thank you all for being so excited with me and the arrival of Levi! I had such a wonderful evening and you spoiled me tons! xoxo

Tanya said...

Thank-you for opening up your home to everyone Karen, you were such a great hostess. All the hostesses did such a fabulous job with the baby shower! From the food to all the beautiful decorations...it made for such a fun filled night for everyone! Not too much longer and little Levi will be here=)