Hello dear blog friends! I'm feeling very honored right now, as I was chosen for this lovely award by Tee @ Creations By Tee.
This award comes with certain conditions. I must reveal 7 things about myself, and then pass the award on to 8 other bloggers. They in turn, have to do the same!
OK. Here we go.
1. I have a passion for texture, fabric, color, anything shiny, and any cake with any frosting
2. Clutter is something I can live with for about a day and then watch out!
3. I love re-inventing my home and surroundings ~ often inspired by blog buddies
4. Being a "talker" is a trait I've always had ~ hence, such a blabby blog of mine!
5. Our daughters are my daily joy.
6. I've been married to the same man for 41 years and love him more than I did 41 years ago!
7. I'm terrified of heights, rodents, reality rides, and 3-D movies
Well, that's my 7 and now the hard choice...passing this crown on to 8 wonderful, creative blog buddies. So, after much consideration I hope they will accept the challenge and the award! They are....
1. Lesley @Harmony Road Studio
2. Mary @ Thyme To Spare
3. Jessica @Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping
4. Kim @ Tabby's Place
5. Karla @ Sketchbooks ATC's Mail Art
6. Inka @ Altered Artifacts
7. Andra @ Ponderings Of A Crafty Mind
8. Gerri @ It's All Treasure
Please be sure to check out the fabulous Kimberly's giveaway at ArtJoyStuff (see the link on my sidebar) It's amazing!
I've promised you some photos of other swaps I recently participated in and my partner's received their goodies, so I'm free to share them with you.
For the first time ever, I altered a spoon ~ a soup spoon, to be exact. Here it is..
|Front of spoon|
|Back of spoon|
|Her amazing package!|
|Lots of presents|
|A most beautiful spoon creation|
|the presents ~ including another spoon, which belonged to Valerie's Great Aunt Fanny!|
Do you remember the fairy shoe I created a few posts back? Well, here's the beautiful shoe I received from Kim in PA:
I have one word for Kim's fairy shoe....ENCHANTING!! You can visit Kim on her blog at http://tabithalenox.blogspot.com And here's the exciting news....She's giving away another one of her creations! You have until this Friday, July 15th, to sign up.
And if all this isn't enough, well there's more. Karla and Miss Lynn sponsored the MOST generous swap this summer...a vintage bling swap...right up my alley!
We had to gather 20 pieces of vintage rhinestone jewelry, remove shanks, pin backs, earring backs etc. Then attach a pendant bail. Mail these off along with postage money and a 20 inch silver chain. These fabulous artistic sisters did a little swappin' around with the participants and created the following ONE OF A KIND, GORGEOUS necklace for LUCKY me!
You can follow Karla and Miss Lynn on their blogs: http://backatyababe.blogspot.com/ (Karla
http://createbreathe.blogspot.com/ (Miss Lynn)
Here it is, 3:16 p.m. on Monday afternoon and I'm just getting ready to post my blog...why so late? Well, that will have to wait for next week's blog because I don't have enough steam left to describe the INCREDIBLE weekend I had at the Making Memories Unforgettable "Sweet Shoppe Retreat!"
Next Monday I will fill you in on all the "Sweet" details, photos, and a very, very special exchange that took place ~ and took my heart!
Have a most wonderful and blessed week, dear hearts...and if you travel this week ~ travel safely.