HomeAbout MeThe BoutiquePast Treasures

Monday, September 19, 2011

Guten Tag! ~ Auf Wiedersehen

Brandenburg Gate

Well dear friends, the clock countdown has begun...Mandy and I leave for Berlin, Germany tomorrow.  We'll be meeting up with Melissa as she completes her prize winning week with MAC (see my July 26th post for details, in case you missed that).  I'm so excited and I've been doing my "homework" on what to see and where to go.  We'll be staying in the Tiergarten neighborhood which is very central to the city.  Since Melissa will have been there for 5 days prior, we will have someone "in the know!"
Berlin Cathedral

I'm also excited because His Holiness, Pope Benedict arrives in Berlin the same day as us.  He begins a 3 day tour of Germany and will be saying Mass at Olympic Stadium the night we arrive.  I hope we can see it on the news, although it will probably be in either German or Latin!

I know 8 days will flyby too quickly, but I think we're pretty prepared to see all that we can.  We decided to focus on Berlin, rather than trying to see a lot outside in so short a time.
Victory Column

Reichstag

I want to share some "swaps" with you.  I sent these out early because of my trip, but they've all arrived at their destinations so I can reveal them!
Halloween ATC for Michelle hosted by Tee at  The Altered Paper
Image from Dezinaworld

Industrial ATC for JenW hosted by Wendy at  Blissful ATC Swap.  Image from Dezinaworld
Altered large matchbox for Michelle hosted by JoAnn at  Vintage Dragonfly's Altered Matchbox Group.  Image from The Graphics Fairy


the goodies inside
altered bottle and Nancy Drew book covers for Fran
this swap was also hosted by Tee at The Altered Paper 


A special ATC for Tee for hosting the Altered Bottle Swap
It's been a busy month, to say the least, but a fabulously fun month!  I spent a Saturday with Sandra at Mystic Paper in Mesa taking a tote bag class.  We made our totes from old LP covers.

my finished tote....The 5th Dimension, recorded in 1970, the year I was married.
Cover art by the iconic Leroy Nieman.


It wouldn't be complete without a junquing jaunt to the Melrose District in Phoenix...




Lastly, our little Tucson Swap group met and exchanged the Nature ATC's...here are some fun pix!



the chickens were from Shann, my partner


my creations for Shan
Cousin Sarah, Sadie Jane, Momma Karey-Ann

And so dear friends, I must get back to packing and all the details my excursion requires....I will miss you all but I will have SO much to share when I get back home.  I will return to you on October 3rd, and until then...Auf Wiedersehen!
xoxo
Karen
that's all folks! (for now)

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Have a great time in Berlin! Valerie

Alex Hardy said...

Your blog is always a Happy Stop for me on Monday's.
So excited for you. Bon Voyage! XO

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Karen, what a fabulous array of images,art and beauty with cuteness too right at the end :)
I simply LOVE LOVE LOVE that tote, your atc's are gorgeous too, thanks so much for using Dezinaworld images, you more than do them justice your art is stunning
hugS June xxxx

Something Special said...

Wish I was going to Berlin. Have a great trip. I sure love my matchbox. I am sending yours out tomorrow, so it will be waiting for you when you return.

Mixed Media/ Altered Crafts said...

You have been busy! Everything is Fantastic! And the tote is way cool!
Can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back! Hugs,Tee!

Terri said...

I hope you are having a fabulous time! Your have two more days to your trip and I hope it is all you were wishing for.
Your Halloween art ATCs are fab! So many good things to see in this post! Thanks so much for sharing.
Hugs,
Terri

Laurie said...

Wow -- you have been so busy! I can't wait to hear more about Berlin! I visited there for several days when the wall was still up and it's on my list to see it again, restored.