HomeAbout MeThe BoutiquePast Treasures

Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day!


I love this iconic picture of my brother, Rich, "laboring" over his beloved car.  The long pants indicate it's the end of summer on Long Island.

Labor Day has always been the benchmark for my family indicating that summer has ended and we are to resume the 9 month lifestyle of which we are accustomed.  Once again, it means we pack away summer clothes and gear, return to school/college,


Anticipate football games (high school/college, pro),



Watch for those holidays that are peeking around the corner,



Look for the beautiful palette of fall foliage (we do have change in Tucson, albeit later than other parts of the country).

So, to all my family and friends, I wish you a glorious Labor Day to enjoy how ever you choose!  So, I'll see you next Monday.  For now, my family and I are off to see The Help!

xoxoxo
Karen

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE fall! And this post pictures everything about why I love it so well! I adore old pictures (your brother is adorable) It reminded me of a time a war went down between my brother and I. My Dad returned from a trip and brought me this huge doll and my Bro a car just like this. I played with the doll for five minutes before I wanted the car! I would have traded everything! LOL So, my Dad had to buy one for me too! :D haha! Good times, miss them alot! ^.^
The only pooper is kids are starting up school again, oh well... I cant wait for Thanksgiving!

Hugs,

Terri said...

Lovely fall post! Can you believe it, September already! This was the fastest summer ever for me.
I hope that you had a very good one, and that your fall is even better : )
Hugs,
Terri

~*~Patty S said...

HOW did I miss your lovely Labor Day post...life moves too fast sometimes is all I can say!

What a precious photo of your brother and THE car...too too sweet

as for me I plan to wear white pants tomorrow on an art quest with local altered arts friends...rules smules ;)

Brightest of Blessings to you and yours always dear Karen
oxo
p.s. I know you must be counting the days until you fly...I am VERY excited for you!!!