HomeAbout MeThe BoutiquePast Treasures

Sunday, February 26, 2012

How Many Times Have You...

How many times have you failed to take those wonderful recycle shopping bags with you when you go into a store?  There they sit....all nice and neat in the cargo area/trunk of your car...only to remember them as the clerk is bagging up your purchase in those fabulously attractive white plastic bags!!

Well, if I had 50 cents for every time I've forgotten, I'd be able to afford a personal shopper and wouldn't need to worry about this!!  On Friday I had the delightful pleasure of running into a dear old friend of mine, Gina Murphy-Darling.

Gina and I go way back ~ Salpointe Peace Club ~ Angel Charity for Children.  Gina is founder and principal of Mrs. Green's World.  She hosts a fantastic radio program every Saturday from 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. AZ time.  Please visit her website and discover the AMAZING things Gina and her staff are accomplishing in sustaining our beautiful Earth!  I happened to mention those recycle shopping bags and dear Gina gifted me with a bag I WILL NOT forget....because it lives in my purse!!

fits in the palm of your hand!

How great is this!!  Thank you, dear Gina, and especially for the amazing job you continue to do for ALL of us!

The girls and I had a great visit in Phoenix with our "second family."  The highlight of the day was seeing Lacey and meeting her precious Cosette.
sweet little baby girl toes

the beautiful little princess!

my two favorite girls with my two favorite boys
our beautiful girls, inside and out


me and my sweert bestie Nancy
It wouldn't be a trip to Phoenix without a visit to Last Chance and it was crazy nuts!  We forgot that it was President's Day and I think everyone within a 100 mile radius chose to be there.  We did manage to get some awesome deals, though....

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm cutting waaaaaaayyyyy back on swaps this year and it has been very hard!  There are so many beauties going on right now with a Spring/Easter theme and temptation has been singing me it's siren song....but, I've been strong and resisted.  Here's a peek at what I created (pre-swap cutback) for the St. Patty's Day ATC Book Swap hosted by Kim and JoAnne.  
all 12 ready to go
a close-up
 In return I'll receive a bound book of 12 different ATC's...this Italian-German girl is very excited!

I had the honor to create invitations and a special bracelet for my dear friends, Michael and Jennifer, as they prepare to celebrate their daughter Olivia's First Holy Communion.  Here is what I created for them...
the invitation

a special bracelet for a very special girl
I must tell you that the crystals in the bracelet come from a necklace that belonged to Olivia's great-great grandmother!  I felt blessed to be able to use them in this treasure.  The pearls are freshwater and the elements are silver plate and sterling.

Well, I've been pretty busy in the studio this week, as well.  So, let me share some more creations with you.  They are now available in my Etsy shop!
3 different chains and 27 charms

a vintage piece in the focal



It's been a busy week in Tucson with the start of Lent, the Accenture Match Play golf tournament, Pro Rodeo...just to name a few...

I'm actually looking forward to a relatively "quiet" week ahead... And I'm really looking forward to getting together with the Tucson Swap Queens for our February mini matchbox "Love" swap on Tuesday.

Have a most beautiful week, dear friends, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to stop by for a visit!
xoxo
Karen

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a busy week!!! Some sweet friends (I checked your green gal friend out! ) and family times and of course, your jewelery is stunning!!!! Love the crystals and pearls, so quaint and filled with meaning! :) Wishing you a great week ahead!

Hugs,

lynn said...

karen what lovely pictures you shared with us.. your girls are gorgeous .. and that tiny baby. ohhh i just love newborns.. everything about them.. their smell.. tiny feet..little froggy legs lol
your st pats swap is gorgeous.. im getting excited to see our books.
your jewelry pieces are gorgeous too.. much luck and happiness to you.. and good to take time for yourself... have a wonderful week
big hugs
lynn

Alex Hardy said...

What pretty photos of the family & your new creations!
Much love to the Swap Queens, I'll miss you all.
XOXO

dkshopgirl said...

love your enthusiasm! fab post :-)