HomeAbout MeThe BoutiquePast Treasures

Monday, May 6, 2013

Farewell April....Hello May!

I must say, when I sat down to think about my blog this week my head was spinning!  This past week was wonderful, but oh so very busy.

April took her leave....

And I spent those two days with sweet friends, antiquing....


And lunching....



May arrived on Wednesday, and ushered in our 43rd wedding anniversary!  Here's the card I made for my groom ~ the hearts are road map images of the 8 cities in which we'ved lived since May 1, 1970...


Wednesday also marked the return of my chickens from a Phoenix visit ~ both girls took a week's vacation, and I was very indulged as they shared their days with me!


Last week I mentioned that there was much to be done in the Hive, so I don't want you to think that it's been all play ~ I've been working too ~

On....



Just a few....



Treasures....


I also want to share these with you, from my most recent online class in Creative Workshops...
"Soulful Adornment" with the very talented Terri Heinz.

They are not finished ~ I'm midway through creating the chains for them...




I'm also very excited to share this lovely ~ a piece commissioned by my sweet friend, Donna...


So, if this wasn't enough excitement in my week ~ Tyler Tesi arrived on Tuesday!  I got to spend special time with Tyler, Gianna, Kelly, and Mike on Saturday...

sweet, precious boy slept in my arms for 1 hour!
Before I leave you today, (you already know I have jewels on the table waiting for me), I wanted to share a very special event that's happening very soon!

Click here for the details of A Ladies Rendezvous at the Rincon Mountain Grill ~  I will be there and hope to see you too!

Have a beautiful week, my dear friends....May is in full bloom here in the desert and we're loving our warm days and balmy nights...Blessings to you!





6 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

It is amazing to me that May is here already!

Glad you've had a whirlwind of a grand time dear Karen...

Wishing you and your sweetheart many many more Happy Anniversaries together!

That precious poppet you're holding looks like a beautiful little doll

AND those roses are spectacular too!
oxo

~*~Patty S said...

so much to take in here Karen I didn't say how much I enjoy what you're creating lately... Terri is so talented I am sure her class was more than inspiring and helpful too!
oxo

Fran. said...

Karen you sure look happy holding that sweet baby!!! Awesome jewelry and cool card for your hubby!! Congrats!!! So glad you're keepin the bee hive goin!! I am terrible I just have been so busy and exhausted!! I just want a whole week to catch up and play and create!!! Take care. XOXO Love ya Fran.

lynn said...

dear Karen
what a lovely post... such happiness coming from your corner of the world. that little bundle is so precious... and im so glad you had time with your girls.. and the jewelery.. what can i say.. im in awe.. love the soldered ones... many blessings your way and have a wonderful spring.. its finally sprung here also.. :)
xox
lynn l

Decor To Adore said...

This post was filled to the brim with goodness! I adored the card you made for your sweetheart, all your jeweled creations and that darling wee babe!

Terri said...

More beautiful creations of yours! You really are a prolific artist! Yay! Your jewelry is so lovely. The commissioned piece is stunning. I am sure the recipient is going to be thrilled.
And the new little one? Oh my goodness! He is an angel! You look completely smitten : )
Thank you for the mention...that is so kind of you. (blush).
Hugs,
Terri