HomeAbout MeThe BoutiquePast Treasures

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lunch Dates And Some Creations

I love it when my week begins with "fun stuff," don't you?  I spent last Monday scouring my local GW and my favorite Antique Mall.  I'm starting to put things together for upcoming shows in the months ahead.

In particular, I was on the hunt for orphan dinner plates ~ of a vintage flavor.  Luck was on my side and here's a peek at my finds...
These plates may just become...

something like this....

or maybe this...


or perhaps this!
Such fun, so easy, and sooooo inexpensive!

I managed to also find ~

to be reborn as earring holders

fabulous organizer for alcohol inks and paint daubers for the studio

paint brush holder

not sure yet, but can't go wrong with milk glass
Tuesday was a  fabulous lunch date with  Shann at Paradise Bakery and Cafe where we were delightfully surprised when friend Katie walked by.  Of course our real thrill was getting to see her precious McKenna Lee for the first time.

Tuesday also happened to be McKenna's 6 week birthday.  Happy 6 week Birthday, pretty girl!

On Wednesday, Nancy and I discovered that if you get to Olive Garden for lunch at 11:30 a.m., there's no waiting for a table!  How great is that?  We both enjoyed our soup, salad, and breadsticks lunch and the most wonderful conversation.  We get together once a month, but never run out of things to talk about...do you find that with your friends, too?

Thursday was lunch at Casa Hess with Jennifer and dear sweet daughter Ava.  I love spending time with a 4 year old, especially one as precious as Miss Ava.  Her big sis, Olivia, was in school but I have to share a picture of this gorgeous mom and her darling daughters....


This was taken the day of Miss Olivia's First Holy Communion
precious Miss O


 I don't think I shared this with you....it's a box I created for Olivia's First Holy Communion....




A couple of things I'm working on before I leave you this week...

I took the Lover-Lee's class over at Paper Whimsy and I'm busy creating these whimsical dollies ~ so primitive and so sweet...This is my first and she's created from wooden blocks, paper images which I transform into transparencies, and beads.  Miss Dolly isn't finished yet but I'll be sure to share her with you when she's completed...



And a new necklace for an upcoming show....

 And a chain n stone bracelet....


 Before leaving I have to tell you how excited I was when Lemay from Leaping Frog Designs told me I was one of her Giveaway winners!  She has the most amazing treasures and generously provides us with FREE vintage images on a regular basis.  My package arrived this weekend and here's what the lovely Lemay sent me!!
Fabulous packaging - didn't want to open, it was so beautiful!


the lovely card on the left has been covered with a layer of beeswax ~ encaustic is a favorite technique of mine!



Thank you sooooo much, dear Lemay ~ I am so honored to be a winner!

Well, I still have much to work on before those shows begin, so I'll leave you for now.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit.  Have a beautiful week and I hope to see you again next Monday!
xoxo
Karen



5 comments:

debi said...

Oh, what wonderful finds. Love what you're doing with those beautiful plates!
And your latest creations are so pretty, love the box for Olivia, and your jewelry pieces are beautiful.

Unknown said...

Im in LOVE with your plates and fab finds!!! Your family time is grand, and I know this box will be deeply treasured! You know what, those plates gave me so much inspiration I just might try that! :D Thank you for sharing all this!

Hugs,

Laurie said...

Oh, this post was just so much fun, with beautiful little girls of all sizes, plates (my favorite!) and projects -- plus a fabulous win! You are so active!

Fran. said...

Oh Karen you and I both have been thrifting! And what amazing finds!! I made a few of the plates and cup and saucers into cake stands, well they are better for cupcakes! I use two I made for myself. One I have a birds nests on. I have been working on another smaller rag doll for my Etsy Shoppe. That was a beautiful win you won! LOL Anyways cool things you got. What a sweet baby!! And the box for Miss O is very sweet and will have alot of meaning! Glad you got out for lunch! I have a friend like that when we go out we talk and talk!! Take care! XOXO Love, Fran.

Shabby Sweet Tea said...

Geez, you sure did hit the jack pot. Such lovely plates! I was in Columbia, SC this weekend and found the exact same milk glass vase for .50 at a GW.
Thanks for visiting Shabby Sweet Tea!
Elyse