HomeAbout MeThe BoutiquePast Treasures

Thursday, April 8, 2021

Something Worth Waiting For...



 When I ordered this beauty back in mid-November 2020, I knew I'd be waiting.  The manufacturer was saying late January or early February 2021, and it didn't matter with whom you placed your order...the delivery time was the same.  But, that was okay.  I still had a functioning range that would get me through the holiday cooking.  The oven was slow to reach temp, but I could work with it.  After all, that old girl was new to me in 2002 when we did our kitchen remodel.

The new year came and I waited until early February to call my appliance dealer.  Whoa! Bad news!  The container that came in to the docks was dropped and every appliance inside of it was damaged!

So, here we go.  My dear appliance rep said it would probably be mid-March until the manufacturer could reship.  I called at the end of March only to find out that ships were anchoring off the coasts due to lack of labor on the docks. COVID strikes again!  Now, we are looking at mid-April.

Yesterday I get a call that my range was in! Can I get a hallelujah!  

Today she was installed and I still can't believe she's here.  I'll be sauteing mushrooms and then making an egg bake tonight.

Here's what I don't get, and find it a miserable injustice.  There was no owners manual with the range, only a basic little operating sheet. Mind you, this baby has wi-fi capability, an oven probe, and convection.

I was able to download and print the complete manual by going to the manufacturer's website.  What about those folks who don't have computer access, or are unaware of how to get the manual?

Are we in such a hurry to streamline things that we forget about those who might not have the same capacities that we do?

Just this morning on our local news it was reported that far too many seniors are not getting registered for the C19 vax because they don't have "smart" phones, they have flip phones.  Or, they don't own a computer either.

I think we need to call a "time out," and start thinking of the other folks. (stepping off my soap box now)

I hope the rest of your week is lovely and you enjoy life wherever you land!

XO

Karen🐝 

No comments: